August Prayer Topic: Let Us Acknowledge the Lord


 Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.” Hosea 6:3 (NIV)
This month the above verse is what we will be praying for.  What does reading this verse mean for your life.  More importantly, what does God want to show us this month through this verse?
            Sunday, I was driving home from a weekend away. As I was driving down the road, the air was filled with smoke from all the fires that are in our state.  There was a point where I could not see the sun.
I knew where it was supposed to be, but it was covered with a brown thick smoke cloud. Yet, I did not question that the sun was shining, it was just covered by the smoke.  The light was still shining, even through the smoke.
I know that come winter, the rain will come, and water the earth.  That black soil that was scorched because of the fire will start to regrow the green grass, and flowers.  Soon, the once blackened earth will be brand new and healthier than ever.
This verse to me, when I start this month means, that the Lord comes to us faithfully.  We never have to worry that the sun won’t rise, or that the earth will stop turning on it’s axis.  I also never have to worry that God is not with me.
Photo by John Lee on Unsplash
Maybe there are times that I don’t “see” Him because of all the smoke of worries that I have or problems that I am going through.  Yet, that doesn’t mean that He isn’t there.  He is there. He is shining through the smoke and the fire.
He will come to me like the refreshing winter rain.  When He comes to me like the winter rains, then my scorched heart will start to grow anew. He will water my parched soul.  I will grow greener, not literally, but I will have new growth in my life.
When I feel like no one is there, I will press on.  I will acknowledge that God is with me.  No fire or smoke of situations can completely darken out the sun.  God will shine through.
I am ready. Will you join me this month? Let us acknowledge God and see what He has been waiting to do in our lives.  I am ecstatic to see what God will do in my life, and those reading this post. Please feel free to share in the comment section of what God is doing in your life this month. I pray for each one of you. Thank you for being on this journey with us through prayer.
Dear Poppa God,
I pray for the Winter Rain to come upon each of us today. We are scorched by situations that we are in, or circumstances that we have created.  You have promised that you will faithfully be with us.  We need the rain.  We are parched. Some may be parched physically, or mentally, or emotionally. Some may be parched spiritually.  You know their stories, Lord. I pray that you quench our thirst as we look to you and acknowledge you. Forgive us when we doubt that You are with us. 
In Jesus name, Amen.
            Laura Maxson


No comments:

Post a Comment