“Being Content in Any and Every Situation”


“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”  (Philippians 4:12-13 NIV)
In reading this scripture, or I should say praying this scripture this month, I want to take it a segment at time. It helps me out, and I hope that it will help you out as well. 
“Being content in any and every situation.”  I must admit, that when I first read those words, it did not sit well with me.  What was Paul thinking when he wrote that?  I had to dig a little deeper.
As I stated in the last post, being content is a little more challenging.  When something doesn’t go as planned, or the darkness of hell looms over you, how are you to be content?  Some of you may need to know how that is possible.
I can tell you, it isn’t a feeling that you can just make happen. It is focus on the Lord. It is knowing that God is in control.  It is faith in Him.
How can I say that?  Someone, who as a child went through something that no child should go through. As a child, I did suffer abuse from my uncle.  However, the LIGHT of GOD shined through the darkness.
I am not content that it happened.  God does not require me to be.  I am content that I am God’s child, and I will thrive despite it.  Despite any circumstances that we find ourselves, we are not beaten down.  There is a God who is always there.
Contentment cannot come from the things we own, or the money in the bank. Other people cannot make us content, trust me.  We can’t even make ourselves content without the focus on God.
Our contentment through any and every circumstance must come from our faith, and trust in God, and our focus on Him.  He only, can help us be content.
When I look at it this way, I see a light.  His light is shining through.  Contentment is not unattainable.  It is where my focus lies. It is not the destination, it is part of the journey. Our journey of our relationship with God.
Dear Poppa God.
         I pray that we are content in any and every situation. I pray that we put our trust in you.  I pray that we focus on You.  Thank you for giving us resources, and hope during those dark. You shine a Light in the darkness.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Laura Maxson


No comments:

Post a Comment