God is there...

This weekend, I heard two songs that touched me.  They spoke to me.  Songs have a way of doing that to me.  God works in such unique ways, and brings those songs out at the most opportune moments.

Even when we are going through the worst that life has to throw at us, God is there.   We are never alone, even when we feel that the whole world is against us.   God stays the same, and is for us.

Photo by WE
God On The Mountain by Lynda Randle  

Sung by Jason Crabb
Life is easy, when you're up on the mountain And you’ve got peace of mind Like you’ve never known But then things change and you're down in the valley Don’t lose faith for you're never alone[Chorus]For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley When things go wrong, He’ll make them right And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times The God of the day is still God in the nightV. 2We talk of faith when were up on the mountain But talk comes easy When life’s at its best But it's down in the valley of trials and temptations That’s where faith is really put to the test
Photo by WE



Then there was a song right after that which clinched it.  The words are so powerful.  He will take you through the fire.  God never promised that life would be easy, but He promised He would be there. 

Through The Fire by Gerald Crabb
Sung by Jason Crabb 
So many times I've questioned certain circumstances Things I could not understand Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision Then my frustration gets so out of hand It's then I am reminded I've never been forsaken I've never had to stand the test alone As I look at all the victories the spirit rises up in me And it's through the fire my weakness is made strong
(chorus) He never promised that the cross would not get heavy And the hill would not be hard to climb He never offered our victories without fighting But he said help would always come in time Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision And the adversary says give in Just hold on, our Lord will show up And he will take you through the fire again
(bridge) I know within myself that I would surely perish But if I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flames again
(repeat chorus)



What an AWESOME God we serve!

Contributed by LM


No comments:

Post a Comment