Fruit of the Spirit

Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (God-control).


How many of you feel lacking sometimes in the area of the fruit of the spirit?  I know that there is often time that I don’t have patience, I want it right now.  I pray for the Lord to help me be patient.  However, is that enough?  Sometimes, are we afraid of letting God have complete control of our lives? 


It isn’t enough to pray that we be filled.  We can pray all we want, but we have to do one more step.  We have to be willing and open for God to give us the fruit of the spirit.   That is the more difficult part.  It means giving up control.


I don’t know about you, but I often find it hard to give up control. I don’t like the word SELF control.  Did you know that a synonym for self-control is restraint?  I need restraint from trying to control everything.  So, if I give control over to God, and honestly let him have the control, then I am God-control.  I like that a lot better.

Let’s pray that we allow God to have the control so He can bestow on us the fruit of the spirit.

Contributed by LM

No comments:

Post a Comment