Dear...

A few years ago my  sweet mother-in-love gave me a suggestion on another way to study the Bible. There were 3 questions she would ask as she read different Bible verses, passages, and stories. 

~ What does it say about God?
~ What does it say about me?
~ What does it say about my relationship with God?

Every once in a while, I would apply these questions to what I read.

Just this past Tuesday, the Bible study I was in, did our last study on the 7 churches of Revelation. During the study I asked, "What if there was a letter written to us, now? What would it say?"  At the time this was just a theoretical question. But, as the days have gone by, it lingered in my head. 

This morning I was thinking of the 7 churches of Revelation with these 3 questions in mind. In the still and quiet with God, I heard Him whisper.

"If I wrote you a letter today here's what it would say...." 

His words that followed helped me remember, He is real, relevant and wants to be in my life. Words of encouragement, words of correction, and words of promise. Many of these words He whispered,  I had read before. 

Rebecca Herber
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
    Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
    Who stretched a measuring line across it?
 On what were its footings set,
    or who laid its cornerstone—
 while the morning stars sang together
    and all the angels shouted for joy?" Job 38:4-7

“Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.... Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!"  Matthew 6:22,27,28 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
By spending intentional time in God's word, I didn't miss out on His letter to me. Words inspired and written thousands of years ago. Words that remind me He is in control. Words that say He loves me and has good things for me. Words I can trust that are constant and true.  
Words written for me. 
~ Kartini Maxson

No comments:

Post a Comment