Your Word is a Lamp for My Feet, a Light on My Path

Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

It was a dark and stormy night, and I was lost.   For many years it seemed that I was living in the darkness.  Those were the times that I did not have the Word of God lighting my path.  I stumbled, and failed.

Rebecca Herber
However, I found the Light.  It was my one true God that showed me the light, by reading His word.  When I find myself stumbling and failing again, I realize that I have stepped away from the Light.  So, I have to remind myself to come back to the Light.  If I don’t follow the Light, then I am left in the dark.

This month our prayer is to spend 30 days in the Word.  Hopefully it will translate into something longer than just 30 days.  I want it to be a lifetime of living in the WORD.


Psalm 23:3
He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.



Psalm 61:2
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Jeremiah 29:13
 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Written by Laura Maxson

No comments:

Post a Comment