Your Word is a Lamp for My Feet, a Light on My Path

Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

It was a dark and stormy night, and I was lost.   For many years it seemed that I was living in the darkness.  Those were the times that I did not have the Word of God lighting my path.  I stumbled, and failed.

Rebecca Herber
However, I found the Light.  It was my one true God that showed me the light, by reading His word.  When I find myself stumbling and failing again, I realize that I have stepped away from the Light.  So, I have to remind myself to come back to the Light.  If I don’t follow the Light, then I am left in the dark.

This month our prayer is to spend 30 days in the Word.  Hopefully it will translate into something longer than just 30 days.  I want it to be a lifetime of living in the WORD.


Psalm 23:3
He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.



Psalm 61:2
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Jeremiah 29:13
 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Written by Laura Maxson

No comments:

Post a Comment