The Next Step - One Step At a Time

One foot in front of another and repeat. That is what I did. My legs were wobbly, yet I continued to take steps. Sometimes I had to hold onto someone.  Sometimes I would fall.  Yet I continued to try and walk.  I was timid, but as time progressed I became more confident of my legs. That is how I learned to walk when I was a child, one step at a time.

That is similar to our walk with God. When we were babies in God, our footsteps were wobbly.  Yet as our relationship with God has become more, our steps become more confident in God.  Yes, we still stumble and fall, but God pulls us up, and we continue.

So when God asks me to take the next step, I have to be willing to take one step at a time.  Through my own insecurities, I will fall.  If I continue to keep my eyes on God then He will guide my steps.  He promised that His word will be a lamp on my feet.

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” Chinese Proverb

My taking the next step isn’t going to be done alone.  God will be there to hold my hand.  The next step requires from me will be one action at a time, one prayer at a time, and one God for it all.  Also, I have a core group of friends and family that are praying with me-for me as I take my journey. I also am praying for my friends and family as they take their next step in what God is asking of them.

Taking that next step that God has for me, for all of us, is something that is exciting, and scary at the same time. Sometimes I still feel like that toddler who is learning to walk.  I am continuing to learn to trust God, to have faith that He will guide me. 

God will not guide us for evil. That is something that I have to remember.  If God is for us who can be against us?  Fear is not from God. I am saying that to myself more than anyone.

“Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”Isaiah 41:10

Photo by Kartini Maxson
With each step I take that God has asked me to take, I will trust in Him.  I will focus my eyes on God.  He will guide me in the direction He wants.  He will guide each of us in the direction He wants.

Step by step we take that next step in whatever God has called you.  One foot in front of the other, and a LOT of prayer.   God wants us to take that next step with Him on His journey for us.  He only requires one step at a time.

Dear Lord,
You have given each of us the journey called life.  We are taking that next step, one step at a time.  Please, take us by the hand and lead us on the path that You have for each of us.
Laura Maxson



No comments:

Post a Comment