November: Giving Thanks for…God's Perfect Love

"The Faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh EACH morning." Lamentations 3:22-23

The Lord's faithful love for me and you never ends.  His mercies towards us, never cease.  Great is His faithfulness towards us; His mercies begin afresh each morning for us.
Yes, this was meant as a repeat.  I want all of us, and that includes myself to get the picture of God's Perfect Love for each one of us.  The love that never dries up or gets old.  It is afresh every morning.

Afresh definition -  in a new or different way.

His faithfulness and love are new every day for us.  Wow, this is so cool.  It is always there.  It will never go away.  I can rely on that be a TRUTH.
In the NIV, it states "because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed.  Do we get what that means?

Consume – completely destroyed, absorb all of the attention and energy.

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash
Because of God's love, we are not completely destroyed when things in life are not going as planned, or if we get dealt a blow.  We will not be completely destroyed when the word cancer is uttered by the doctor, or our marriage falls apart, or a death, or a loss of job, or any loss.

Nothing can destroy us. I am not saying that life is going to be easy, because it isn't.  We all go through hard times, and sometimes, okay, a lot of times, those hard times seem insurmountable to us. 

I am saying that God's love and our relationship with God will sustain us and lift us up during these times.  We are not alone in our struggle.  When we accept the love of God, He will do so much more than we can imagine. 

When bad things happen, we can still stand and say, "My God is greater than whatever I am going through."  When we are knocked down, we are not out.  God lifts us up and back on our feet.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love (God's love) drives out fear…" 1 John 4:18 (NIV)

Life is not perfect, nobodies life is.  I know that I have struggles, and I definitely have stuff that happens in my life.  Yet, I know that God's love will sustain me, and I will not be destroyed by whatever the devil throws my way.

There are Bible verses galore that tell of God's love for us.  His perfect love that drives out fear.  His love cannot be measured by our standards, human standards.  It is SO much bigger than that.

God's love sets fires in the heart of those who listen and hear Him.  God's love never ceases.  There is nothing that you or I can do to lose the love of God. We can always come to God, even if we have walked away from Him.

No one can imagine the depths of God's love for us.  There is a childhood song that most of us sang, but I wonder if we really listened to the words.

"Jesus loves me, THIS I know, for the Bible tells me so…. Yes, Jesus loves me…"

That is what I am thankful for this month, and what I want to always focus on.  God's perfect Love.

Dear Lord,
I thank you for your perfect love.  Every day it is new, and never-ending.  You love each one of us. Yes, sometimes we don't seem to see past our humanness.  Yet, you are still working in and around us, loving us. I thank you for that love.  I pray that each person reading this will know your love that drives out fear.
There are a lot of bad things happening in this world, and we don't understand it.  However, with your love, we will not be consumed by the hate in this world.
I pray that you open our eyes, so that we may see Your Perfect Love in and around us. Show us in a tangible way your love.

IN Jesus Name, Amen

Written by Laura Maxson



No comments:

Post a Comment