Power in the Name of Jesus

I hope that you are continuing to focus your prayer towards the Power in the Name of Jesus, and what that will mean for your lives.  I pray that each person will receive something different in those words.  The light that will shine on you is from the Lord because He knows where we are at in our walk with God.
            Power in the name of Jesus can be different things.  It can be the calm when the storms of life seem to overwhelm you, and you feel like you are drowning.  It can stop the devil cold in his tracks.   It also can light a fire in your heart.
            That latter is where I am right now.  I have been through all of it, but this month, it is power in the name of Jesus that is lighting a fire in my soul.  The fire is to do something that Jesus is showing me.  The fire to spread the GOOD NEWS, no the GREAT NEWS of what He has done in my life.  
Matthew West’s song “Do Something” came on the radio as I was driving to work on Friday.  “Saw a world of trouble now, though how’d we ever get so far down…”  He continues the song.  “God, why don’t you do something?” He asks.  The song continues with the answer.  “He said “I did, yeah, I created you.””
“If not us, then who?” The song continues. So, in the name of Jesus, I am walking this journey in faith.  Not sure what the steps will look like, but I am super excited about being part of Jesus mission.
            Yes, there is power in the name of Jesus.  He has also enlisted us to walk alongside him, to be his hands and feet.  I think that there are a lot of times that I go through my life so self-absorbed.   So, I turn my eyes completely on Him and dive in.
“Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,” Philippians 2:9-19
            In the name of Jesus, there is fire that brings the dead soul to life.  In the name of Jesus, Peter walked on water.  In the name of Jesus, Laura can go out in faith and trust her Lord and Savior.
            There is POWER, wonder-working POWER in the name of Jesus.  He opens the eyes of the blind and the deaf to hear. In the name of Jesus, the disciples performed miracles.  In the name of Jesus, miracles happen.
            Yes, I am tired of how this world is, and I am tired of a lot of things that are going on in this world.  BUT, I refuse to let it extinguish the mission of loving each other and showing others the way to Jesus. 
            For you see, only in the name of Jesus can people change. WE can’t change people, and we shouldn’t even try.  We show them Jesus.  There is that POWER in the name of Jesus.
            I have been in the darkness, and Jesus shone brightly and tossed out the darkness.  It is scary to be in the bright light because being in Jesus' bright light has the potential to turn your normal upside down. But it is totally worth it.  For you see, I know what He has done in my life.  He created in a clean heart.  He has made me new.
            When something amazing happens to you, you want to share it with the world. That is what I want to do.  I want to tell you that there is POWER in the name of JESUS.  Try it, and see if you are not changed?
Photo by Joshua Newton on Unsplash
Dear Jesus,
I thank you for this opportunity to pray for those reading this blog.  I pray that in YOUR name, Jesus, I pray that each person that reads this be changed.  There is so much darkness in the world.  Help us to be the light to shine on the power that is in your name.
In YOUR name, Jesus, Amen
P.S. I want everyone reading this to know as I was editing this piece, the song “Break Every Chain” by Jesus Culture came on.  The main lyrics are “THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS.”  I can’t make this up, and I got goosebumps.  THERE is power in the name of Jesus, and it will not be quieted.
Keep praying in the name of Jesus.  There is power in His name.
Written by: Laura Maxson

            

No comments:

Post a Comment