Valentine from God

Jesus Loves Me

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son… John 3:16

In the book “All In” by Mark Batterson, there is a line that really touched my heart.  Mark writes, “Jesus loves all of you with ALL of Himself.”  I grew up singing “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”  Yet even now the term love is becoming something more special to me.  It has become personal to me.

The morning of February 11, as I was having my devotions my thoughts would drift onto work that I needed to do.  I tried to refocus on the words, and I finished, I was able to retain some of it.  Yet, I felt lacking in it.  How could I not just focus on my devotions for thirty minutes? What was God thinking of me?


As I was getting ready to walk out the door, I grabbed a box of tea to take with me to the office.   A card dropped right in front of me on the counter.  It was a little 2x4 card.  I picked it up and looked at it.  It said, “I love you.”  It is my Valentine’s Day card from God. 

There is no reason that card should have been in the spot where it was.  The card had been giving to me many years ago from a friend, and I had forgotten all about it.  Yet, God had not forgotten about it.  He knew that I needed that card at that moment.

Yet another example of a Valentine from God.  Do we truly realize the kind of love God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit has for us?  God sent His Son, Jesus, to die for you and me.  Jesus chose to die.  He chose to come to this world as a baby and go through the hardships of life.  He was mocked, ridiculed, bullied, and beaten.  He was ultimately killed for you and me.  He loved us that much.  He knew that we would need a Savior. 

Isn’t that an amazing love!  He chose to feel every lash of the whip on his back, ever thorn of the crown on his head, and every nail in His feet and hands for us.  He stayed on that cross for us.  Even if there had been only one person, He still would have stayed on that cross. He loves us that much. 


“Dear Lord, you sent me a valentine’s day card.  Even when our minds are busy, you are still pursuing a relationship with us.  You have shown me Your Love in so many ways.  You show me Your love every day, and every day I fall more in love with you. Thank you for the card.  Amen"

Contributed by Laura Maxson

No comments:

Post a Comment