February Prayer Topic: Be My Valentine

Be My Valentine – God


At one time or another, most of us have received Valentine’s Day cards.  Most of the time, they are these cute little cards with animals or flowers on them.  Will you be my Valentine?  How cute?  We all wanted the cards, and would laugh and blush when we received them.

God gives us Valentine’s Day cards through His Word.  Did you know that God is pursuing us?  He wants an intimate relationship above all else.  Isn’t that amazing?  The Lord of the Universe wants a love relationship with you and me.  He wants to be our Valentine for forever, not just one day a year.

This month, we are praying that God will be our Valentine.   I want God to be the love of my life.  We often have other things that take priority instead, family, jobs, dreams.  However, God wants to be the number one priority in our lives.  Is that such a difficult thing to do?

            Just to rewrite it, the Lord of the Universe wants a personal relationship with you and me. He is pursuing you.  How can we deny that?    We need to respond to Him.





Dear Lord, I want You to be my Valentine, and not just for one day a month, or even a month.  I want that intimate personal relationship with You.  Thank You for never failing to pursue me for that relationship.  I respond to You and want You to be the love of my life.  I love You, Lord, above everything and everyone else.

AMEN


contributed by Laura Maxson


No comments:

Post a Comment