Giving Thanks for the Journey

“Am I there yet?” “When will I get there?” “When will this happen?” “Did I miss something?” I sometimes say these things to God. 

Patience is not a virtue that I have in full amounts, and sometimes it is lacking all together.  There is one specific prayer request that right now, I am having a hard time waiting for.

God has shown me that it is a "Yes", but that I need to wait. I am very clear on that answer. I am trying to be patient, but I want it to be a "Yes" now.  However, God is telling me "Soon", and to just "Enjoy my time with Him", and to "Trust Him on our journey."  Of course, soon in God’s eyes, and soon in my eyes are two very different timings.  So, I pray that God will help me be patient until that "Yes, in a little while" becomes a "Yes, now."

I am on this journey with God, and He is showing me His plan. It is a step by step process, and sometimes I want to go faster or a different direction.  God is patient with me, and continues to guide me. Sometimes He says, “Laura, I got this, you need to stop freaking out, and just trust me. I will not let you down.”
           
There are times, I have to take a step back and refocus my eyes on God. He does know what I need, and He has provided for me.  My God is here for me all the time, and gotten me through everything so far.  When I look to Him, He is the answer.
 
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

Photo by Mary Maxson
God wants this journey with me, and I am giving thanks for this journey we are on.  He has been with me even in the storms of life and has not let me drown. I sometimes don’t know where we are heading, but I know that God has got this. I will not get lost with Him as my Light.

I love road trips, and some of the most fun parts of a trip is the journey, getting from location to location.  I travel down the road looking at the passing scenery.  Isn’t life also about the journey? 

Will I miss some amazing things if I lose focus of my surroundings? I need to refocus my eyes on my journey with God. I need to give thanks for the passing scenery. Yes, the destination is very important, but I need to enjoy the journey and take a look at the passing scenery on the road.

Giving thanks for the journey is something that I forget to do sometimes. I need to enjoy the ride, and just be in the moment with my God. Not to rush an answer, but have faith that my God will supply all my needs and that my God is awesome and powerful.

Poppa God, I thank you for the journey that we are on together.  Please continue to guide my steps as I walk this journey with You. I also am grateful that you are so patient with me.  Please forgive me when I try and rush the journey.  Help me to be thankful for where I am right now. You know the plans You have for me, and the walking together is part of that. Thank you and I praise Your name.

In Jesus Name Amen.

Laura Maxson

            

No comments:

Post a Comment