Focus on God’s Word for Our Year - 2016


God showed me one more word for my year that He wants for me. That word is “focus.” So I have two words, confidence and focus. Those two words in themselves are big words, and both words are something that are going to be interesting. 

I believe that God wants to show me something God sized for my journey with Him.  Right now I don’t know what He has in mind, but I know it will be a great journey. So I embark this year with those two words are my “theme” for the year.

This journey through life is so filled with ups and downs that we have to have a safe haven.  God is that. We need a way out of the dark, and God is that way.  He is our light, our lamp unto our feet so we will not stumble.

“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105

The journey is just that, a journey.  God is leading us, and every time we have it figured out, God surprises us.  With our word for the year, God is shedding light onto us.  He is showing us He knows best.

Life is so much of instant gratification, instant messaging, and even instant coffee. We don’t have the patience, and we want it now.  Have we forgotten to stop and enjoy the journey, or that God wants us to enjoy the journey He has planned for us?

So, if you have your word for the year, great.  However, if you don’t, don’t worry.  God will show you. God has this journey for you, and He will reveal it to you when He thinks you are ready for it.

If you do have the Word that God has planned for your year, then pray that God will show you where He wants you to use it.  Maybe it is a second word that He has for you that is equally as important. Maybe, it is to be still and know that He is God.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God…” Psalm 46:10

Sometimes during the week my life gets so busy with the things I have to do.  This last week was one of them.  I was so busy during the week, that by the weekend all I could do was chill.  God was telling me to just chill and focus on me.

You didn’t know God talked like that? To me, He told me to just take a moment and relax with Him.  So that is what this weekend was. I had “confidence” that my relaxation was honoring to Him, because it opened my heart and mind to be more focused on Him, and not the week.

I am keeping my eyes open to what God is trying to show me.  I am keeping my eyes focused on Him, and I know that is what He wants from us. God is showing me what how He wants this year to go.

So as we continue to pray for guidance on our word for the year, we will also hear what God wants for our journey with Him.  It is going to be an amazing ride.

Dear Lord,
I thank You for this journey that You are on with me, or I should say, that I am on with You.  You are the guide, the compass, the GPS.  Please help me to not lose focus of You.  Please be with the people reading this blog.  Bless them and soften their hearts that they will follow the journey that You have for them too. Lord You are the Guide.  Please help us to not lose focus of You.
Amen


Laura Maxson


No comments:

Post a Comment