God’s Word for Our Year - 2016

If God has not already shown you your word for the year, do not give up hope.  Please, continue to pray and keep your eyes and ears open.  The revealing of your word can come from anywhere, people, a song, a Bible verse, or even a book you are reading.

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him…” Psalm 37:7

Be patient, in His time, or when He thinks you are ready, He will reveal it to you.  We are significant to our God. How awesome is that?  God designed each of us in our mothers’ womb to be different. The God that designed the universe, cares for each of us, and has enough love and words to go around.

Think about this for a moment. The sun, moon and stars, God spoke, and they were in existence.  The birds of the air and the fish of the seas, God spoke, and they were in existence.  Most everything He created, He spoke and it existed.

Yet, when it came to man and woman, He formed us.  He knelt in the dirt, and got dirty. He formed a human from the dirt of the ground and breathed life into him.  God’s breath made a clump of dirt come alive.  God still comes down to us, forms us, gets dirty, and breaths into us life.

“When I look at your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the starts, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him and the son of man that You care for him?”  Psalm 8:3-4

Our God is a loving God, and He will continue to knock on the door of our hearts. He doesn’t give up on us, because He wants us in Heaven with Him.  God loves you and me. Isn’t that awe-inspiring?

“For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16

On the freeway that I have to travel to get to work, John 3:16 is carved in the lawn along an overpass.  Every day it reminds me that whatever challenges or problems I am having I need to give to God, because He loves me.  He is someone that I can rely on.  He will not fail me.

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26

Each day in January that passes, I am more assured of the word that God has chosen for me. The word confidence, is more than just self-confidence. I love the meaning that I found for the last blog post. Confidence, it means the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something.

“Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5.

In other words, I need to have confidence in the Lord with all of my heart, and not my perception.  Yes, I use my faith and logic, but we see such a small view of everything.  We don’t get the big picture. We are biased because of our upbringing or past experiences.  I have to be confident in the Lord to guide me.

“In him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.” Ephesians 3:12

The more we get to know our God, the more we can have confidence in Him.  The more we will be able to listen for His still small voice, or hear Him when He shouts through our pain. Did you know that God whispers to us, laughs with us, and yells above the noises if He needs to?  Whatever He has to, to get our attention.

“Pain insists upon being attended to.  God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pain. It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” C S Lewis

So, God will give you the word He wants to help define and shape this year, or this month or this day.  He has a theme for our life. We just have to be open to listen or see what He wants to do in us.  Do not give up hope.  God is there.  God is here.

Dear Father, 
Thank you for all the wonders that you have shown.  Thank you for person reading this.  I pray for them as You reveal to them their word for the year.  I know that You will use a megaphone if needed. The devil is trying to derail our journey with all the evil in the world, but in the name of JESUS, the devil has zero authority over us.  You are an awesome and powerful God.  Thank you just is not enough, but for us mere humans, it is the best word we have. 
AMEN

Laura Maxson

No comments:

Post a Comment