Reflection on Our Word for the Year Part 2


I continue to reflect on my word for the year, and the changes that it brought.  God is showing me how He has used that word in my life this year. Prayer is a powerful thing. It has the power to mend the broken. It has the power to transform a person. It has the power to show you God’s wonder. That is how powerful it is. That is God’s Power!

Whatever your word for the year was this past year, I hope that God shown you His Power.  I pray that you had your eyes open to see the awesomeness of God this year and every year. He definitely wants to show you His Wonder.

I have learned something about God this year that I don’t think I ever really thought about. I think God loves to show off for us. It is to show us how much He loves us. Some of you may not realize that God loves you so much.  Do you realize that God loves you?

Yes, we have heard the song “Jesus Loves Me”, but have you really let the words sink into your heart?  I myself have had that struggle of how can God love me?  I have messed up so many times, and felt like “how could God love me.”

Reflecting on my word and praying that God would show me the reflection He wants to show me, I have come to several realizations. The realizations, all of them, have to do with Jesus loving me, and even if life is not always easy, He is trustworthy.

My word for this year is trust. Jesus loves me so much, and He has shown me over and over that He is trustworthy.  There has been so much hurt in my life and I felt so broken and incomplete.  Jesus loves me so much, and made me whole and made me new.  Thus, showing me that I can trust Him.
By trusting God, He is transforming my life.  My trust in God is changing me from the inside out.  I no longer fear the past.  I cherish the present, and I look forward to a future that God has planned for me.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

I have learned that I have to Trust in Him.  He is the One who is giving me a transformation to love myself and others.   I thank God for directing me on my journey.  I would be lost without Him.

“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2

With all the wickedness that is happening around us, our eyes must be focused on God.  The devil is all around us, but if our eyes are fixed on God, then the devil has no power over us.  God is our past, or present, and our future.

I pray that God is showing you His glory.  My prayer for you, is that your eyes are open the amazing love of God.

Dear Jesus,You have shown me how trustworthy You are.  I am so grateful that You have shown me Your love and grace and continue to do so on a daily basis.  Without You, I would be lost.  Without you, I would be broken, and feel incomplete.  Thank you Lord for saving my soul. Thank you Lord for making me whole.Amen
Laura Maxson


1 comment:

  1. Trusting is a life time journey with God. Yet, He continues loving through the journey. Well written !

    ReplyDelete